Angel fish diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello again everyone, I'm currently feeding my angel fish, tetra pro flakes and aquarian sinking pellets I've been reading alot about angels and I understand that they need quite a varied diet. Just curious as to what everyone else feeds there angels?

azure bones said:
I feed mine the same flakes and live blackworms, sometimes frozen bloodworms. Or beef heart or brine shrimp

I've looked for the beef heart everywhere and can't find any, I've seen the frozen stuff just never tried it think I might invest in some to see how that goes. And same with the brine shrimp I can never find it, anywhere. Do the angels eat all of the above u just mentioned?? I tried feeding them freeze dried bloodworm but they weren't interested at all. I heard they liked lettuce and peas aswell so tried it and they ignored that 2, my red cherry shrimp on the other hand loved it lol.

Usually you can find the beef heart,brine shrimp, bloodworms, and freshwater frenzy ( that's my angels fav) in the frozen food. You can also find the bloodworms and brine shrimp as you already know freeze dried. But mine tend to like the frozen the best! :)

Tigroscr said:
Usually you can find the beef heart,brine shrimp, bloodworms, and freshwater frenzy ( that's my angels fav) in the frozen food. You can also find the bloodworms and brine shrimp as you already know freeze dried. But mine tend to like the frozen the best! :)

Thanks, maybe I weren't looking hard enough lol. Gonna do some searching later. Thanks again. One more thing, have u got any pics of your angels?

Chris22 said:
Thanks, maybe I weren't looking hard enough lol. Gonna do some searching later. Thanks again. One more thing, have u got any pics of your angels?

Yeah I think I do on here somewhere!

Tigroscr said:
Yeah I think I do on here somewhere!

You should be able to click on my photos and see them I have 3 pix of them! That's all the photos I have lol! That was before I changed the tank over to sand but if you don't like those I can take some more later! :)

Tigroscr said:
I just took a few more and uploaded them hope this helps!

Nice, I'm gonna take a look now, I'll try get a pic of mine on later.

I don't think it'll let me look at the photos when I'm using my phone I'll definitely look at them later on. I seen the pic of your Oscar in one of your threads tho, he looks cool.

Chris22 said:
I don't think it'll let me look at the photos when I'm using my phone I'll definitely look at them later on. I seen the pic of your Oscar in one of your threads tho, he looks cool.

Thx! Yeah he's a big boy! Lol! You have any pix of your Angels?

Chris22 said:
Nice, I'm gonna take a look now, I'll try get a pic of mine on later.

Sorry! I just read this! When you get the pix let me know! How many Angels do you have? I just have the two.

Tigroscr said:
Thx! Yeah he's a big boy! Lol! You have any pix of your Angels?

Yeah he's huge, maybe when I get my 125g I can start to look at the bigger fish :) I'll try get some pics up of my Angels when I get home I need wifi to upload them :)

Tigroscr said:
Sorry! I just read this! When you get the pix let me know! How many Angels do you have? I just have the two.

Yeah will do :) I have two aswell, there only babies at the moment but already showing there personalities, wish I got angels sooner.

Not sure if this will work but I'll add a link to the video of my tank, hopefully it'll work.

Chris, IMO you might want to give Rod's Food a look. They have a nice selection and think one of them will fit your situation. I personally feed the original. Works GREAT! I have never had luck with flakes or pellets. enjoy!

Lol, sorry chris was ment for some one else. To many threads open at one time. Enjoy

A couple pics of my angels, they don't stay still for long so it's the best I could do at the moment lol.

Attachments

• image-3841656164.jpg
    image-3841656164.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 64
  • image-3317832638.jpg
    image-3317832638.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom