Angel fish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwk5270

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have three angelfish in a 40 gallon. I'm trying to figure out if any of them had paired up. I have a marble angel who has been chasing my gold angel every once and a while, but then other times they stay together for a little while. Then I have a blue marble angel who seems to be okay with both angels. What are the signs that they might be pairing off or how to tell which is male and female

when you have several angels in a tank . 2 will pair off and chase the others away. put a piece of breeding slate in there or something for them to lay eggs on. the ones who pair off generly stay by it and chase the others away. usualy angels pair off at around a year old some a little sooner. i have 5 pure white ones that are 10 mts old and they are pairing off now also . i have 22 tanks of angel fish so i as you can see i love them a lot lol.

Haha nice. I really enjoy them too. I have a few pieces of flat rock standing In the tank for them to spawn on when the time comes

nice i love taking care of tthe babys its so fun. whan the do pair off and start cleaning the flat rock i would take the others out or you will have a big fight on your hands

Alrighty ill have to set up a little tank when that comes

Depending on your sexes, which you won't know unitl breeding vents become visable, angels can not only consist of pairs but also a trio (a male and two females) and a male with a harem (multiple females). My biggest tank of angels (220 gallon) has 10 veils, in that there are 1 pair, 3 juvinelles close to breeding age, and 1 male with 4 females that he regularly spawns with. He is a busy boy especially if two females lay with 24 hours of each other. Angels can start spawning as early as 8 months. With having three angels in that size tank you may have to remove one if two become a pair and become very aggressive with the third. If your lucky you will have a male and two females and he will spawn with both.

Well hopefully I luck out with two females and a male. If not, I will have to remove one. Thanks for the advise everyone

Back
Top Bottom