Angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

K9Kyle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gallon aquarium with has been up and running for about 6 months now. It's planted 30"L 13"W 19"H. I have seven head and tail light tetras all a our 2 1/2" 2 mollies, a guppy, couple snails, and a vampire shrimp, I want to get one or two angels but am not sure if this would work, different sites say different things.
Thanks

I'd do one angel BUT those tetras are pretty small if memory serves me so you may or may not have issues with the angel. I've kept angels for 30+ years and can tell you this from expierence. If you get a small angel to start, and your tank is planted pretty heavily, there is a very good chance that the angel as it grows will leave the smaller tetras alone. Plus a single angel is "sometimes" less aggressive. What I suggest is getting a small angel, adding it in and watch it over the months to come. But down the road as it matures you need to be prepared to remove the angel if it would suddenly take to harrassing or trying to eat the tetras. You could always try a single dwarf gourami instead, they are very colorful (males) and are usually fine with smaller fish.

Great, thanks the pH is at about 7.8 is this to high?

Angelfish are actually very forgiving with PH. They will adjust to your PH but if it's high many won't spawn.

Fantastic, just put in some more Val and a couple amazon swords, gonna pick up able angel tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom