Angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not in a 30 gallon. Not the yellow tang or any tang for that matter.

Do you plan on having corals? Caution with flame angels. They may or may not nip on corals.

Should be fine with two clowns and damsels. Damsels are aggressive so caution with those as well. I do have a blue velvet damsel in one of my tanks with other fish.

There are articles on how to cycle a tank. I'm not sure how to do links, but there is lots of info on that out there. Be sure you read up in it and understand what is involved.

I would not do a flame angel in a 30g. I suggest going to places like liveaquaria.com and research any fish you are thinking about. Pay close attention to the recommended minimum tank size. If you put a fish in a tank that is too small, it is very likely that it will have health issues. Stress causes problems and not enough room to swim is a huge stressor for fish.

How much would I cost to start my aquauim with some soft coral and half live rock have base rock

That is tough to answer. You might be able to get some live rock somewhere like Craigslist for $1 a pound versus $5-$9 at a LFS.

I know it takes longer to cycle but I, gong to do mostly base rock and a view of live rock

Tank size?

Edit: disregard. I see 30 mentioned earlier. You're probably best off just buying one of the taotronics on eBay. Really can't beat the price and you will likely want more than softies eventually.

How much combining substrate fish only base rock no live rock lights soft coral and chemicals for cycling will cost me I want to save as much as I can

my advice is dont skimp, buy the best you can. i learned the hard way buying cheap is not good you will end up having to buy better equipment later. as for your question, id budget for about $800-$1000 for a decent tank and equipment

my advice is dont skimp, buy the best you can. i learned the hard way buying cheap is not good you will end up having to buy better equipment later. as for your question, id budget for about $800-$1000 for a decent tank and equipment

And that is just for starters. This is an expensive hobby. And a somewhat time consuming one as well.

Back
Top Bottom