Angel won't grow her wings!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KGotschall

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my tank is:
45g hex flatback
fluval 404
PH 7.4 everything at 0 except Nitrates which are at 10ppm.
30% water change every 2 weeks, gravel filtered once a month, filter maintained once month, alternating with gravel siphon.
5 super-veil angelfish (very large), 5 black neon tetras, 5 cleaner shrimp, an an albino long finned spiny nose pleco.
They are fed flake food, beef heart plus, enriched brine shrimp and blood worms on alternating days.

The fish in question is one of the older ones. A few months ago he was getting beat up by a tankmate, who I sold. His fins were quite short and raggedy by the time I made my decision to sell him, but definitely not to the quick. Now, almost 4 months later, his fins have not grown back!!! They haven't gotten shorter, but they still look ragged, although no one is really messing with him anymore.

I was going to just treat with antibiotics or something, but I am not sure what is causing the stunting, or what I should do about it. Any ideas?

Typically clean water is all fish need to grow their fins back. Lots of water changes to keep the water clean will definitely help. Seems like if it has been 4 months and they haven't grown back they may never grow back, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom