Angelfish acting weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pmoney101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I walked in my house and my angelfish was laying on the bottom of the tank I went to the tank and it got up but started swimming verticle head up tail down and my other angelfish was nipping at it so I put the unhealthy angelfish in a little 10 gallon tank and it's seems to be swimming fine just a little shaken up what should my next step be

Try cranking up the temperature and put in some aquarium salt. I have bred angelfish for 3 years and I feel like that cures nearly everything naturally.

Just until he perks up and fills his fins back in. Should be a week or too

Thank you so much I have one last question I was wondering if you could help me figure out if my 2 angelfish are male or femalesImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395797508.310295.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395798131.877393.jpg

I would guess two males but angelfish are tricky. You can sort of see a hump developing on their heads if you look closely. Females have a more rounded head as opposed to a noticeable hump on the head of a male.

Back
Top Bottom