angelfish and gouramis compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have seen some posts, pictures of tanks in books, and online fish profiles that have angelfish mixing well with pearl or other gouramis.

I think the slow-moving, more elegant fish are kinda nice.

What are some opinions on either the blue or pearl gouramis (or both) mixing with an angelfish or two in a 29 gallon tank?

My boyfriend has an angel, two kissing gourami and a blue gourami in a 29gal
and they get along alright
One of the kissing gouramis hasn't grown since we got him because he gets picked on and he hides out in the castle (if he got any bigger, he wouldn't fit.. he is a smart fish!)
I think if you got a blue gourami, and angel and maybe some smaller fish you would be alright. I wouldn't suggest two kissing gourami together in a 29gal =oP

gouramis & angels

I'm thinking of a pearl and a blue gouramis with an angelfish or two. I may get more than one pearl, but I don't think I'd get more than one blue gouramis.

I keep 2 fair size angels with 2 blue and 2 gold gouramis. They seem to get along fine. But remember, fish will be fish. :D

If you want to get a "feel" for what it looks like.. sometime in the next few days ill take a picture of my bf's tank (because his fish are pretty much full grown)
I like the fish he has, but i think it would be neat to have a few cory cats and like.. a small school of rasboras

Back
Top Bottom