Angelfish fin problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roomhealth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Angelfish is having some issues.For about 2 weeks, it's fin has been crimped and bent as seen in photo.

ForumRunner_20131023_213023.jpg

The tank is a 29 gallon planted community tank. The Angel was added 1 month ago.
Water parameters are as follows, ammonia 0ppm, nitrites 0ppm, nitrates 10ppm. Easter changes are typically done once a week at 25% but I have increased that to twice a week.
I removed a somewhat aggressive honey gourami that bullied at meal times but was never observed nipping.
The tank has been treated with copper safe for a recent ick breakout from a dirty new BN pleco; 1 week of treatment and seems to be clearing nicely.
Question its, what is it and what is the next step? I have read of some people clipping bent ventral fins (seems like a bad idea). How stop you identify infected wounds on fish?

I should add that it is behaving normally, it is eating and swimming all around the tank. As for a description since the picture its kind of blurry: the top cm or so of the dorsal fin is apparently bent over and crimped. Not shredded or discolored.
Thanks

the bent fin is normal . its a defect from to much inbreeding i have several now and they are starting to become popular wich i believe is not rite. never herd of cliping fish fins before. leave him be , check ph in water. keep treating for ich , and clean water is a must

Back
Top Bottom