Angelfish Fins Turning Clear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghostiephish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Some background:
My poor fish have had a time. Where we live got hit hard by the Nashville tornado, so their tanks were two days without power (covered them, aerated, etc.). Then they traveled 9 hours to family where we immediately setup new tanks and a had to do fish in cycling. (We managed to save 9 of our 16 fish, including 7 glass cats.)

This poor Angel is the last of her tank. A girl I think? She stopped eating when her mate passed, but I got her eating again. Originally I was treating her with stress guard. I noticed she was lethargic, I thought raised scales, hiding in corners, redness in her gills, and fins fraying. I switched to treating her with Paraguard, and she seems to have improved greatly, but now she seems to be getting worse again? New fraying of fins and some fins becoming see through.

Pics attached.

She's currently the only occupant of a 29 gallon tank.
Nitrities, Ammonia all 0 ppm

BUT, the water here is quite different from ours back home. Out of the tap its Nitrates are at 10ppm. (Which I realized after some futile water changes.)Also it is very hard water.

We use Seachem Stability to try and compensate for the Nitrate issue. And we did use a water pillow originally to soften the water some.

My main questions are:

1. Why are her fins transparent?

2. We arrived the morning of Mar. 7th, could it just be that she's overmedicated at this point?

3. Is there anything I can do to get my lady healthy again? :(

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1525 Edit.jpg
    IMG_1525 Edit.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 50
Wow

If only you just developed the brand new morph of glass angelfish if you can heal her and she still has transparent fins I bet someone will pay quite a bit of money for her one of a kind trait.

If only you just developed the brand new morph of glass angelfish if you can heal her and she still has transparent fins I bet someone will pay quite a bit of money for her one of a kind trait.
My friend just told me that I'm panicking, and to focus on trying to heal her fin rot? They said transparent fins is common in Angelfish? I feel like I'm missing something?

Oh

Maybe it is common I'm not angellfish expert I dont really look at my angels that closely much I just look at how many babies thy produce. ;)

Maybe try

Mayb try a salt bath just to rid them of anything and see what you can do then after that see what you need to treat or do differently.

Back
Top Bottom