Angelfish Fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jc555

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought this angelfish about a week ago, and I can’t tell if its my paranoia (since the two previous times I’ve attempted to take care of an angelfish in my tank they died within a short time span) but the fins of my angelfish look like a faint white color as if they are deteriorating. I thought it may have been just the lighting but now theres a visable bit hanging off the top end of it as shown in the attached photo. I know the other fish aren’t biting it. I also wanted to note the angelfish hasn’t been acting odd whatsoever. I was just curious if the angelfish’s fin condition was something to be concerned about. Here’s a picture for reference, thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 28
Several of my angels have a top or dorsal fin bent over like that. Watch his fins closely for a day or 2, and let us know if you start to see tearing, holes or deterioration

Several of my angels have a top or dorsal fin bent over like that. Watch his fins closely for a day or 2, and let us know if you start to see tearing, holes or deterioration

Will do, thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom