Angelfish growth: veils vs standard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I procured 2 super veils and 1 standard angel from the same batch, so they are the same age.

When they arrived they were all about the same size, but it has been a month now and their standard fin sibling is double the size of the other two.

I am wondering if it is normal for super veils to have a much slower growth rate? The angels are not being bullied by anyone and they normally mosey around the tank within 6-12 inches of each other.

My tank parameters are normal and I do weekly 40-50% water changes. Temp in tank is 82F. They are fed spectrum granules and beef heart and brine shrimp a few times a week.

Oh, and they are in a 55 currently (temporarily bare bottom).

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401857773.464431.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401857795.279331.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401857823.788139.jpg

Tank mates are Molly's, platys, blood fin tetras, and Pygmy cories. All temp tank mates as the platys are being sold and the rest are bing moved to a different tank when the angels are older.

Should I be concerned that they appear to have almost not grown at all in a month? I see them eat plenty so I am not sure what the problem is...

Back
Top Bottom