Angelfish nipping at tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJ_117

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a single angelfish in a 29g with about 8 pristella tetras and a juvenile BN pleco. I added the angel when it was considerably small and it has grown significantly over the past months. Is this problem due to space or is it agression due to feeding (this happens a lot when feeding but also at other points)? I've heard a 29 is okay for a single angelfish and at the time it was an impulse buy. I'd hate to rehome/sell him because it's a beautiful fish but I don't want it to get too cramped or kill the other inhabitants.

What your seeing is most likely the PG rated preview into the future. Angels can carry a nasty disposition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What your seeing is most likely the PG rated preview into the future. Angels can carry a nasty disposition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
It kind of leaves me at an impasse because I would hate to get rid of him (either sell him to a LFS or give him to another aquarium owner) or keep him and take a gamble with the remaining fish. If I could upgrade the size of my tank I would but that's impossible at this point in time. There are not many aquarium owners where I live (not many people in general lol) and I fear many of them would not have the proper setup

I ran into almost the same problem with my gourami.... It's a shame .... Luckily I had an extra tank to plop him in .... Even though he seems mad at me XD , he can't eat those tasty fins anymore ..... I know how you feel, so I hope you figure it out and manage to keep him

Back
Top Bottom