Angelfish pink spot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skibum3

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have two angelfish, (not sure if male or female) and today I noticed both of them have like a light pink thing sticking out in the middle of their belly. I attached pictures but they might be kind of hard to see.
It is between their ventral fin and the two long fins in the front. Is this just their poop coming out? Or is it how I tell if they are male or female? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387497754.019873.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387497895.956018.jpg

It is one of the ways to sex angels. I can't see the shape well enough to tell you which sex they are but a female will have a blunt ended projection and a male will have a sharper more pencil shaped one. Females lay their eggs from here and males fertilise from it :) females can show it for a few days before laying and a male will generally only show for a few hours before

Oh, thanks so much. The marbled one is also looking very fat. Does this mean she will drop eggs and day now?

Back
Top Bottom