Angelfish tank mates. Please Help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was at the LFS and saw some big white platinum Angelfish and few small ones.

1489934638126.jpg
1489934651537.jpg

I bought two big and one small and put in my 50 gallon. Now I want to add fish which will stay peaceful with them and will:

STRICTLY NEVER NIP ANGELFISH FINS.

I am aware even tetras who are very peaceful can nip there fins. There fins are so beautiful so please suggest me what are my options for there tankmates. I have in mind.

Boesemans Rainbow Fish
Kuhli Loaches
Killifish

Are the above fish compatible with Angelfish and also please note the ABOVE FISH I MENTIONED MIGHT NOT BE AVAILABLE AT MY LFS.

So my questions are:

1) Will the fish I mentioned above will be good Angelfish tankmates.

2) As I said I might not get the fish I mentioned above. What other fish apart from the ones I mention u suggest for Angelfish which will never nip Angelfish fins.

Please Help. Thanks.

Thanks a lot. Its a very very handy tool. I just want to know that in compatibility chart there are three kinda which I don't understand. Asian (asst), African (asst) and Central American (asst). I can Google fish from this category but I don't know if all the fish from African asst category will be compatible? But the tool said compatible.

Should be OK. I keep two Angelfish with 10 Blue Gouramis and they get along OK.
Thanks but I don't understand what they mean when they Asian asst. Does this mean all Asian fish? How so?

Can I keep Boesemans Rainbowfish with Angels?

1489980128450.jpg
These ones I mean. Are they nippers or no?

So I request Angelfish owners to post ur Angelfish tank mates. Thanks.

So I request Angelfish owners to post ur Angelfish tank mates. Thanks.
29g tank, 2 youngish Angelfish, 6 Albino Corydoras, 6 Brilliant Rasboras. I tried a pair of Swordtails, but the Angels were aggressive towards them so I took them out and moved the Rasboras in. They had already gotten along fine with the Rasboras in a different tank.

29g tank, 2 youngish Angelfish, 6 Albino Corydoras, 6 Brilliant Rasboras. I tried a pair of Swordtails, but the Angels were aggressive towards them so I took them out and moved the Rasboras in. They had already gotten along fine with the Rasboras in a different tank.
Thanks a lot. Very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom