Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just chiming in with my experience with zebra danios and angels.

I originally had 8 danios in my display with my angel. While they never nipped the angels fins, they harassed pretty much everything else in the tank including each other. My amano shrimp never came out from hiding and they accidentally smashed a snail in the substrate while investigating some poop hanging off it.

I wasn't a fan of the crazy energy they brought to the tank either. Didn't seem to compliment the angel and cories with their mellowness.

Ended up rehoming the danios in a separate tank and replacing them with a school of harlequin rasboras. Much more zen-like lol.

Thanks! I think the danios are probably off the table then.
I was also just wondering...how long does it take to get an angelfish to full size, or are there too many variables to predict?
It would be in a 29 gallon, fed a variety of food twice daily and the nitrates will probably never get over twenty.

I think they get full size in about a year, maybe a little less.

I think mine took about 6 months to get pretty large? Give or take can't really remember. As beautiful as she is now I wish she was still quarter sized like when I got her lol. Looked pretty awesome that size.

I have two angels in a 29 and they do just fine. Might I mention they are both males and best friends. So I believe angels do like to be in pairs. Just keep up on water changes and you should be fine.

I have my angels in my VERY busy tank with pearl danios racing over the top and my angels don't mind. They're very chill, and beg for food like puppies.

Well thanks for all the responses!
I have some tetras and corys in the tank right now so I'll get just one angel and see where my nitrates are after that.

I have 8 angle fish and 6 rummies altogether, things where a little hectic when I 1st put the rummies in. But thing soon calmed down, they all live piece fully together now.. My angels are about 4-5 inches big

I was thinking about upgrading and getting another freshwater tank. How much effort do I need to take care of them?

I was thinking about upgrading and getting another freshwater tank. How much effort do I need to take care of them?

If you mean angelfish I have 4 with 2 pearl gouramis, rummy nose tetras and some Corries. They are easy to feed and care for. Make sure you put shoaling fish in before the angels and I would not recommend neons they will be eaten.(normally).angels will exclude certain members of the group and bully them (sometimes) so then remove those ones, leaving you with a group of angels that get along.

Back
Top Bottom