Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TiffanyT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have a 60 gallon tank with a 3 year old angel. I have recently noticed snails in my tank and am wondering if I can put a clown loach in with him? I'm also thinking about getting a few more fish : Boesemani Rainbow, bleeding heart tetra & Praecox rainbow. I'm just wondering if these would be a good fit or if my angelfish will harm them (he has eaten neon tetras) :thanks:

As long as the fish don't fit in his mouth, they should be fine. Also, it depends on the loach, most need to be kept in groups.

Clown Loaches shouldn't be kept in 60G tanks

I didn't see that it said clown loach, no, no clown loaches. Try kuhli loaches.

I'm wondering ... Are rainbows ok to keep with an angel?
I also have a pretty big 2 year old angel that needs rehoming, I have an all rainbow tank but somehow I can't see the angel with them.

Many people keep rainbows with angels, I'm not sure if it works because they grew up together or because it just works.

Khulis are not known to be snail hunters. I'd try zebra or yoyo loaches. Snail eaters and won't get too large.

I'd go with the zebra loach or polka dot loach because yoyo loaches have been known for aggressive behavior.

Kuhlis will not eat snails!!!!
I agree with trying zebras or angelicus/polka dots. A group of 4-5 would be perfect for a 60 gal:) yoyos are also good for snails, just don't put any tiny tetras in with them though. Mine killed some neons. But I didn't have any problems with them bothering my larger fish.
And yes, clown loaches can grow to be 2 feet long.
And angels are fine with rainbows in my experience and from what I've heard from others. Rainbows are known for being very peaceful fish.

If I'm right poka dot loach and Yoyo are the same but different patterns.. And Yoyos do really well with my smaller angel fish and I never see them even bother to chase any thing around but one another

I have 3 Clown Loaches with my 6 Angels and they are fine together. My CL's love snails!! And lots of them lol

The angels won't eat the snails? Aqadvisor keeps yelling at me because I want angel fish and nerite snails.

clown loach will harm angels? i have one in my 55 with 3 angels , a pair of german blue rams, 2 broze corys, and 6 neons and i had 7 angels last weekend and 4 of them didnt make it, one of my female german blue rams has been missing for almost 2 weeks and i had 8 neons the same time i had 7 angels and 2 came up missing, no bodies anywere, just vanished with no warning and it all seems to happen with i have my lunars on at night.

Back
Top Bottom