angels and cardinal tetras??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dannii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hays guys i just want some advise,
i have just brought 2 small angels. and i have done my research and i know neons are their natural food source in the wild but what about cardinal tetras, they are bigger. so just wondering if anyone has had any luck with them together.
thanks

dannii said:
hays guys i just want some advise,
i have just brought 2 small angels. and i have done my research and i know neons are their natural food source in the wild but what about cardinal tetras, they are bigger. so just wondering if anyone has had any luck with them together.
thanks

I had.
And you are in the right track. In other words, mixing the two species together is always a risk for the tetras, but if you put them together when the Angels are small, they can coexist in the same tank ( at least have been working for me 5 months already ).

Let me update here!!!
Bad news, today I found a golden white cloud with no head!!!!

I'm suspicious about the Angel, but i will keep an eye and let you know.........
:-(

Oh that sucks... At the moment my angelfish are too small to do any damage on anything so I was hopeing that if they grow up with the cardinals they should be fine..... Wishful thinking.

I've kept Angels with Cardinals without any problems, as long as the Cardinals are too big to fit into the angels mouths they'll be fine.

Pete

Typically, if you get the cardinals before or at the same time as the angels, and the angels are small, the cardinals will have a chance to grow before the angel is big enough to eat them.

I have to believe it would be much wiser to put fish in the tank with angelfish that wouldn't have any chance of becoming food, wouldn't it? There are other tetras that would work, like black skirt.

Back
Top Bottom