Angels with Tiger Barbs, has Anybody Done it Successfully?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a possibility of picking up a new tank from someone who just wants out of the hobby, but they claim to have angels and tiger barbs in the same tank. I have had tigers in the past and I'm familure with them. In my opinion the larger the school the less likely they are to pick on fish other than themselves. The more in the school the more times they have to try and keep their pecking order straight. Do you think with a large enough school of tigers that they would leave the angels alone? :confused:

Tiger barbs will expand the pecking order to other fish in the same tank in some occasions. Also until the pecking order is established they will pick on the other fish nipping at the longer flowing fins. I personally wouldn't do it but wait for someone else to chime in that has a little more experience.

ok. the tank i might get is established with angels and tigers in it already. but i fear moving everything will cause them to reestablish themselves all over again.

I have 3 large angels and 3 tiger barbs in a shared tank.....i also have guppies, platys, molly's and some tetras too.....i know this is out of the norm but it has always worked for us. The fish have all been together about 3 yrs.....

Nice to hear that it is possible. But for me the deal with the tank fell through. When I got the guy on the phone I could hear his wife yelling at him in the background that he was throwing away so much money. I felt bad for the guy.

Back
Top Bottom