Anhelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
An anyone tell me what is on my angelfish.

Attachments

• image-2145296845.jpg
    image-2145296845.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2692469478.jpg
    image-2692469478.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 74
Hard to tell. Is this the one that passed away or another one?

The red spot looks like a sore of some kind, an infection maybe or a burn from ammonia, etc. It also looks like it has something wrong with its body too, not Ich, but fungus maybe or something else? How long have you had this one? Did it come like that from the LFS?

No it's not but i bought the last 2 that I have left back to the aquarium I got them from because I didn't want anything to happen to them.

that is a scrape? forgot the technical term

it happened to my male, he lived

just do daily 25% WCs and u should be fine:)

stress zyme would help quicken healing;)

it is usually caused by nets too small/rough or decor.

My molly would nip at the side of it could that cause this.

no way;)
mollies aren't that aggressive to actual fight/attack

and that isn't a nip.......nips are usually on fins.......not through scales........

that is a scrape......any rocks? plastic decor? DW?

Yes I have rocks i the tank so unless it did it at night. I also noticed that my gold gourami would nip at it.

probably those? what kind of rocks? smooth or lava or those coral kind of ones?

and again;) all fish only nip at each others fins.......not scales........no fish in a community tank could rip that many scales off unless u keep piranhas in a community tank!x

Ok when the Molly picks at the side if the fish what could it be doing.

idk, but have u seen that? btw......logically and common sense would show impossible.......that is a huge scrape......bites would be on fins....even u couldn't scratch scales off with ur fingernails.....so how can a molly with a 2mm mouth do it? it could be picking at its slime coat.......

Back
Top Bottom