anobody ever not treat ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sirfishmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
my buddy has a 55 gallon tank (reef) and besides corals and such he has a tang. this tang i thought came down with ick (white spots) i had mentioned to him to qurantine this fish...he said no way he would never catch it. he tells me "oh well i guess it will die" but it does not? i have seen this fish for weeks now it will develope some white spots then a week later its gone? fish is eating normal and everything. could this not be ick? and if it is is it possible for this to happen where the fish does not get consumed by the parasite?

doug

Yes some fish build up an immunity to it. We have had a blue tang for nearly two weeks now and the cleaner shrimp has been keeping it under control. It clears up for a few days then comes back. Lighter each time than the last. However it does not usually clear up with no cleaner shrimp or any kind of treatment. Does he have a cleaner shrimp?

Yes but eventually they are going to hatch and get out of control with the rest of his tank.

Back
Top Bottom