another dead platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

water12

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help! The second platy in 2 weeks is dead. I moved back home 3 weeks ago and the next day the first one died. I knew something was up with him because 2 days before he was hanging up at the top and just not acting his normal self. I did not add anything new to the tank and the other 4 fish in the tank were just fine. Now i just found another one of my platys dead laying on the bottom of the tank, she was really small but I always made sure she got food when i fed them. Once again did not add anything new to the tank, the only thing that could of affected her was the move (only 20 miles), but that was 3 weeks ago. The 2 platys were both sunburst, and i have an additional 2 tuxedo platys and a black lyre tail molly. It's a 10 gallon tank, and I've had them since December with no problems except for an ich outbreak 2 months ago. testing the water has shown it in the acceptable range for everything. I'm not too worried about an infection or anything, but i've notice that my molly's waste has gone from green to being white and stringy. Can anybody help? I just want to make sure that it's not something that can harm my other fish :thanks:

Do a water change over the next couple of days it might help but I think they may have had internal bug problem just add a little salt and raise the temp.

Back
Top Bottom