Another "kink" with my new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cherie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well, I am working with the whole ammonia thing still. But we are holding steady just under .25, so we are better than the nearly 1.0 that we reached. My tank is almost 2 weeks old now, but my molly was pregnant. After I was adviced, I bought a breeder tank. I didn't think that she was anywhere close, but now she has had 4 babies in the tank. I fished them out and momma and put them in the tank. The babies float through the grate. My question is, how long will it take her to deliver her babies and when should I put her back in the main tank. I know that it will be a few weeks until I can do this with the little ones. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Cherie

I wouldn't put the babies in the main tank until its fully cycled. even then you should put them in a fry cage. Its just a simple mesh cage that hangs off the top trim and keep sthe babies in one central place. O therwise the little guys will get cuked up in the filter or end up hiding all the time and may not eat right. Fry are pretty sensitive to ammonia and bad water quality thats why I would wait until it was fully cycled. I'm not sure on delivery time though, sorry. :)

Back
Top Bottom