another new tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Centurion

Aquarium Advice Activist
well i broke down and am setting up my 5th tank. im definitely a candidate for mts. :mrgreen: i plan on mixing cardinals, glowlites, and black neons. i need a good bottom feeder buddy for them. im thinking of these choices: 3 otos, bristlenose pleco, or a clown pleco. any opinions would be welcome. just dont say corys! i have 3 leopard corys in 1 tank and 3 panda corys in another. i like corys, its just time to give a different fish a try as bottom dweller/feeder. so tell me what you think of my choices or anything else you can think up. i have an sae as well so... not him either! tia!

Bottom Dweller

Hi. - I vote for an albino bristlenose pleco. Beautiful. However, a person can never have too many Corys. Try some upscale species, like sterbai, condiscipulus, barbatus or potaroensis. They will add beauty and personality to your aquarium, as well as earning their keep by keeping the bottom spotless. - Guppyman

P.S. The C. condiscipulus are truly beautiful, but not cheap.

The Glow Light Tetra, Hemigrammus erythrozonus, is a relatively small South American tetra. They are schooling fish that are very peaceful in the community tank. H. erythrozonus typically has a brilliant red stripe running the length of its body that shimmers just like the stripe of a Neon Tetra.

Never had oto's before and know just enough to buy them.. I love em..they are non stop..does a little bit of everything ....The one thing about my 3 is they don't really bottom feed alot ....they do love :D the lettuce I weighted down for them...

Back
Top Bottom