Another RO/DI question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do you guys use the following in your RO/DI unit?
Sediment filter, then the carbon block, then the High S resin block and then the High S Membrane (one on the top of the RO unit).

OR

Sediment filter, then the carbon block, then another carbon block, then the High S Membrane (one on the top of the RO unit).

Im confused as to what all filters I should be running. The one in particular is the High S resin catridge?? Supposidly this is the one that takes out the PO4 and trates...

Sediment filter, then the carbon block, then the High S resin block and then the High S Membrane (one on the top of the RO unit).
That is the order I have mine in.

Ok so people do have a high s resin block in the line up...
So my next question is where is the cheapest place you have found that you can buy these?
I found the sediment filters and carbon block at Sams Club - a 7 pack for $30. Both of the filters are 5 micron!
Im looking to find a place to buy the resin blcok now at a good price

YIKES! LFS? I wish I could do that. Theres no way I would buy anything other than livestock at my LFS. All of the ones around here (for the most part) have the prices jacked up! Thanks for the info...
Any others?

fishman,
I have the Mako unit from AquaFX, and it uses the 2 DI filters, 10" sediment filter and 10" carbon block- for all 4 items, it comes to about $50.00. they're found at www.aquariumwaterfilters.com

good luck-

Yes this is the lowest price so far when speaking of the DI catridge! Its $18.50 for this whereas most places charge $25+..so thanks for the link.

glad to help- it's nice to be able to save a few bucks in this hobby!

And you have to for sure these days! You add up how much you spend each month and its crazy!! :p

Back
Top Bottom