Anubias...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
He all,
My Anubias has recently flowered into a big leaf and all the others ones are lush green along with the one that just flowered EXCEPT for this one ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430303546.559201.jpg u can tell that it's even moving toward the rhizome

Here's a full pic of the plant ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430303586.976685.jpg

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Should I cut it off or just let nature take its course

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I don't think it matters either way. If you cut it the rhizome is shorter, but if you leave it the plant will put energy to a leaf that may not make it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cut it off...always a good idea to remove dead or dying plant matter...too much decaying plant matter can quickly foul an aquarium&cost you much more than the time it takes to remove it from the aquarium..

sit in silence

Cut it off...always a good idea to remove dead or dying plant matter...too much decaying plant matter can quickly foul an aquarium&cost you much more than the time it takes to remove it from the aquarium..

sit in silence

Ok thank you. Should I cut it next to the rhizome

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Ok thank you. Should I cut it next to the rhizome

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

That should do,just don't cut into the ryhzome you'll be find...I have some anubias in a couple tanks&I tend to leave a very small piece of the stem just above the ryhzome..Rock on bro....Rock on....

sit in silence

That should do,just don't cut into the ryhzome you'll be fine...I have some anubias in a couple tanks&I tend to leave a very small piece of the stem just above the ryhzome..Rock on bro....Rock on....

sit in silence

sit in silence

Thanks. Man. From my pic of it, you can tell its a real healthy plant just for some reason. That one isn't doing well don't know why.

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

The stem seems to be discolored as well...the stem could be damaged..has something been munching on that lower leaf?

sit in silence

No when I got it a year ago I cut half of the leaf off since it was discolored. It since stayed like that. Yes the stem is discolored but just because of the stem and leaf

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Back
Top Bottom