Anubius plants turning yellow at the tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcaro219

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have a 20 gallon planted aquarium. I have an Anubis’s specie in my tank that is currently turning yellow at the tips. I got this tank about 3 weeks ago. I use seachem liquid firtilizer flourish. What could be causing this? Please help thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 35
Hello, I have a 20 gallon planted aquarium. I have an Anubis’s specie in my tank that is currently turning yellow at the tips. I got this tank about 3 weeks ago. I use seachem liquid firtilizer flourish. What could be causing this? Please help thank you!

3 weeks is new so the plant could still be acclimating. Is it getting to much light? Is the rhizome damaged or under the substrate? Could be a nitrogen issue. It’s a little trial and error

I believe it is getting light bc it’s right next to two windows one on the right and behind the aquarium.
And I don’t think is getting too much bc the blinds are always closed but light can still come in. I don’t know if maybe I need to open he blinds then?
The rhizome is not under any substrate it is anchored onto a rock.
And the rhizome doesn’t look bad it does have a little browning though. As to the nitrógeno I not sure I will have to test it for that.

I believe it is getting light bc it’s right next to two windows one on the right and behind the aquarium.
And I don’t think is getting too much bc the blinds are always closed but light can still come in. I don’t know if maybe I need to open he blinds then?
The rhizome is not under any substrate it is anchored onto a rock.
And the rhizome doesn’t look bad it does have a little browning though. As to the nitrógeno I not sure I will have to test it for that.

Anubis won’t always do well if it’s getting direct light from your tank light. Mine tend to do better tucked under rock, plants or driftwood. Not fans of direct light.

Back
Top Bottom