Any advice on 30 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sica118

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys so it has been a couple of years since I took down my 20 G tank. I'm starting It up again and I'm looking for advice. I'm trying smothering different this time and that is using sand in freshwater setup. I just set it up and it is a little cloudy. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406674982.419766.jpg

These are the chemicals I put in it. Prime conditioner, topfin water clarifier, and topfin bacteria supplement. So what do you guys think? Let the water run for a day or two and see what happens?

Aquariums are often cloudy in the start. Alternatively, did it rain a few days before you filled up your tank? The rain would was dirt into your water source, which would then come up into your aquarium and make it cloudy. Either way, you can run it for a few days, and it will clear up.

It has cleared upImageUploadedByTapatalk1406843292.088210.jpg

Now the question is what about plants? I have pool filter sand in it so do I need to put some kind of soil on top mixed or or what? Also what about lighting i have a 15 watt bulb do I need more?

Well if you want to play with dirt the, dirt is the base and the sand would be the cap like this.

But you don't need to dirt to do plants. First you need to figure out your lighting, and then pick out plants that work with your lights. Swords, crypts, and wisteria need root tabs. But if you are looking at low lights plants like anubia, java ferns and java moss are great and really don't need to much just tied to some driftwood. You can probably get away with no more than a bit of Flourish.

I just left the store I decided to use plant food. I will post a pic when i get the plants in the tank.

Any suggestions why the fish swim up against the glass?

Probably just trying to figure out the limits of their new territory. How long have they been in the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

4 Molly's swimming into glass at the corner. Any suggestions why. Also shutting up to the top of the water.

One if my Molly's died today. My nitrate is between 1-3 any advice?

Liklyness is, it is just the new tank die off. most times when you get large amounts of fish, especially in the beginning, several (or all) will die. It is not your fault.

I think I found the problem. Some how my filter got unplugged and I have no idea when that happened. But guess what I have a baby fish in the tank now.

Back
Top Bottom