Any Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheezysquirrelz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to move the fish in my 29 gallon tank around and try somthing different. I would like to have an elephant nose and put some fish in that could live with it and have a theme.

Or maybe try something else for the tank like cichlids or something....

Any ideas for a 29 gallon tank setup?

You could put an elephant nose in a 29-gal, but they generally get 6-9" and at some point it would outgrow the tank so that might not be the best idea.

If you do choose an elephant nose you should stick to some relatively calm tetras, and provide him with hidey holes and caves (PVC is a good choice).

You could put a pair of kribensis in there, or a pair of N. brichardi, but in either case tankmates are pretty much out. Another cichlid consideration would be rams, and then you could have a nice community setup.

You might also consider a pair of angels, but depending on how tall the tank is that might not be a big enough tank for a pair.

I really wanted to do something other than community because almost every other set up I have done was community.

I already have 2 smaller angels (one quarter size and the other slightly smaller the the top of a coke can) one is white with pink cheeks, and the other is black lace(?) When they get bigger I am getting them a 55 gallon or something.

I'd like something cool or strange.

Cool and strange is tricky for this size tank, but you could always go with a SA puffer for something a little different without having to fool with brackish, unless you want to fool with brackish :D

what about dwarf african Chiclids? Don't they stay small?

AshleyNicole said:
what about dwarf african Chiclids? Don't they stay small?

The kribensis types all fit that description, and a pair would work but if they spawn I don't know how tankmates would fare. Shelldwellers would definitely work, also, with a syno cat for company.

I have 2 29 gal tanks and in one I have a pair of Puffer's and in the other I currently have 4 discus (juvi's) 8) .

Back
Top Bottom