any Nebraskans or S.Dakotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thedannyd

Aquarium Advice Regular
From Oneill Ne.
Running a planted tank and also so misc tank setups.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110712_102021.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110712_102021.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 2011-07-11 12.57.58-1.jpg
    2011-07-11 12.57.58-1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 133
Not any more, but I did live in the tiny "village" of Haigler Ne....man I miss those places..some of the fish we would catch while seining for minnows were a large part of what got me hooked onto fish tanks.

Demonknight said:
Not any more, but I did live in the tiny "village" of Haigler Ne....man I miss those places..some of the fish we would catch while seining for minnows were a large part of what got me hooked onto fish tanks.

Like the Orangespotted sunfish? My fav!!!

most sunfish I found were the greens, but there's several kinds of minnows and some I never did figure out, maybe a type of killfish? I used to have a nebraskaland fish book that had a few in it.

Always thought a yellow pearch would look cool too. Ill have to look into more native fish like you said...the small ones, never paid too much attn to them before. Will now. I do a lot of minnow trappin for bait. Fish lover as pets and food. Guilty lol

*LOL* don't over look the smallest of streams, the ones we hit most often you could step across 90% of the time, it was the deep holes we would hit or the pool below some rapids/ripples.

images

Red Shiner is probably my fav little fish.

images

the plains killfish a close second.

Orangespotted+Sunfish+_m_2_+Maumee+River_+7-28-09_+NT.jpg

I will give you that the Orangespotted Sunfish is a pretty little thing.

Bellevue ne here. I got like 15 yellow lab cichlids if anyone knows someone wanting some

spankytanky said:
Bellevue ne here. I got like 15 yellow lab cichlids if anyone knows someone wanting some

Hey I'm in Bellevue too actually and my girlfriend has been considering African cichlids for her new tank she is setting up, how big are they? You looking to see or just rehome?
Thanks

Flipmikeskater3 said:
Hey I'm in Bellevue too actually and my girlfriend has been considering African cichlids for her new tank she is setting up, how big are they? You looking to see or just rehome?
Thanks

3/4 to 3 or 4 inches. I just want em gone they're overtaking my tank.

spankytanky said:
3/4 to 3 or 4 inches. I just want em gone they're overtaking my tank.

Hey I'm probably going to take you up on that offer! I'll let you know for sure by the end of the weekend

Flipmikeskater3 said:
Hey I'm probably going to take you up on that offer! I'll let you know for sure by the end of the weekend
How long has her tank been running? And what size is it?

Plattsmouth here. I am wanting yellow labs and Psuedo Demasoni's (sp) for my next tank. I wont have it up an running for atleast a month though :(

You definatly don't wana mix demasoni they're evil lil fish and will destroy the yellow labs. Demasoni are expensive and go on killing sprees. Yellow labs are a more docile mbuna species. If you like the look of demasoni consider the redtop black bar zebra. I have 6 of them, they look similar only with a yellow top fin and get along with labs. As for the labs I don't think he'll want as many as I'm trying to get rid of.

spankytanky said:
How long has her tank been running? And what size is it?

Hey man my friend in Bellevue has a 75 gallon that has been running for a long time with only a couple cichlids in it and would like those cichlids if you still want to get rid of them!

Well he said he will take as many as you are will to give him bc he also has a 29g to put the smaller ones in if he has to, we both are real busy with school and work in the week, but we are available this Friday and the weekend to meet up.
Thanks

?

Back
Top Bottom