Any one know why my sand is standing???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonniewoodruff

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have live sand and live rock. I noticed this morning that I have sand that appears to be standing?? for lack of a better word. Any one know what this is or why it is happening. Water is good. Thanks:confused:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 234
boniewoodruff said:
I have live sand and live rock. I noticed this morning that I have sand that appears to be standing?? for lack of a better word. Any one know what this is or why it is happening. Water is good. Thanks:confused:

That can happen when something digs in the sand. It's kinda like them building a sand castle under water. :)

I have'em too, kinda cool. Harmless & in fact helpful as CUC. But I've read stories of them getting TOO numerous and therefore unsightly.

- D

Looking at the 2 brown lines in you sand against the glass, I suspect feather dusters. Could also be both dusters and sponoid (sp?) worms.

I'd have to say spionid worms as well. They seem to come and go in my tank. If you watch around night time, you can see 2 little arm like things reaching out and feeling around. Kinda cool, and completely harmless.

Very cool eel in the background too btw!

Back
Top Bottom