Any qwerky extras you can suggest???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Silver hatchet fish would work IMO. There odd balls that can eat flakes an are peaceful

I like the hatchets too il definitely look into that one! I need some type of algea eater or clean up crew though :(

I like the hatchets too il definitely look into that one! I need some type of algea eater or clean up crew though :(

Yeah, I'm not sure about that. I think you should be fine with fan or bamboo shrimp just have high water flow, mabye nerite snails?

I'm happy your back up and running with a new tank! Definitely post pics of make a thread so I can follow. Sorry I am no help! But I hope someone plays the fan shrimp because they're so neat. I would definitely get more than one!

Here is the tank, I also have aquarium soil, gravel, sand, root tabs, bog wood, rocks, all filter media, external filter, uv sterilizer, lights and lights to hang down and provide the houseplants which will be rooted in the sump on the back of the tank some light! The sump is 80litres and this will be filled with ceramic bio media with the roots of house plants shooting through them and the house plants hanging out the top of the tank this will help with reducing the effects of the nitrification process. The water then goes through my external designed for a 300l tank and then through my sterilizer which is designed for 600l tank then back into the tank. I am using two 24w plant pro tubes its only going to be lightly planted. Any here's for the pics of everything so far the lid I made myself from a piece of old sheeted plastic...

image-3482531330.jpg

image-2892237373.jpg

image-1678721611.jpg

image-1697311226.jpg

image-781868285.jpg

image-4216159628.jpg

image-1075992151.jpg

image-3204846517.jpg

Yeah, I'm not sure about that. I think you should be fine with fan or bamboo shrimp just have high water flow, mabye nerite snails?

Wouldn't the snails eat the eggs??? I've never had snails other than pest snails and wouldn't mind giving them a go :)

Wouldn't the snails eat the eggs??? I've never had snails other than pest snails and wouldn't mind giving them a go :)

No, I don't think nerites would, there algae eaters , it's worth some research though. Plus nerites won't breed in FW :)

No, I don't think nerites would, there algae eaters , it's worth some research though. Plus nerites won't breed in FW :)

I think it may be a done deal my friend thanks for the help how many can I have in there??? 15???

Better actually, plecos are omnivores and will eat flakes and stuff more the alage

Okay it's a done deal now I've just got to find out how much they are to see how many I can get. What do you think no more than 30???

Will subscribe to the thread! And if everyone says yay to bamboo shrimp, I think the only thing about them is you'll have to wait a few months after you set up your new tank (didn't realize wasn't set up yet!). Ya know since they eat the particles ect they need a mature tank. But I'm sure you already knew that!

This is the pair they're paid for and awaiting me to set up the tank and get them in :) lovely pair and chens say they're trying to spawn constantly I said they could take the spawns the whole time they are holding them :)

Super red melon discus :) can't wait to get them home!

Wow! Those are beautiful discus! :)

If you want them to spawn they need the whole tank. They will get frightened by the ottos and eat there eggs. It's the same with every fish. Breeding is done.by themselves with exception of dither fish. But Any algae eater sill eat there slim coat and anythibg else in the tank may cause your discus to eat the.eggs or wigglers. I thought red melon discus had a face??? Discus are hard to spawn because so many actually dont have pure genetics.

Mts do so why wouldn't nerites? I lost a bunch of pleco eggs do to snails and my rams had an awful time picking them off. I really need to start dosingmy plants.

Back
Top Bottom