Any suggestions on feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psingh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what i feed my fish.....
At the moment i feed them tropical fish flake food. i feed them 2-4 times a day with small amounts, Could someone tell me how much a "small amount" should be?. This is the only food i have at the moment. ill give the tank/fish information underneath Thanks!.

180Ltr/48Galllon tank
Jewel rio 320 filter
jewel rio 320 heater
Gravel
3 flowerpots.
1 air pump with air wall.
2 convicts
Male - around 4 inch
Female around 2 inch

My fishies love a variety of the food... I give them their flake food, I forget the brand, and then I give them the frozen blood worms, some brine shrimp and a greens mix. I rotate their snacks to about 3 times a week and they get the flakes in between. I also feed my Plecos and my red tail shark Zuccini. I put a peice on a fork and sink it. Usually it will be gone from them after about 3-4 hours. My plecos also like eating dried algea that I clip to a clip in the tank. The barbs will pick at that also... I feed my fish in the morning and at night small amounts that they will finish quick...

My fishies love a variety of the food... I give them their flake food, I forget the brand, and then I give them the frozen blood worms, some brine shrimp and a greens mix. I rotate their snacks to about 3 times a week and they get the flakes in between. I also feed my Plecos and my red tail shark Zuccini. I put a peice on a fork and sink it. Usually it will be gone from them after about 3-4 hours. My plecos also like eating dried algea that I clip to a clip in the tank. The barbs will pick at that also... I feed my fish in the morning and at night small amounts that they will finish quick...

Nice! i had plecos but some reason theyve never lasted in my tank, How many times should i feed my fish a day if i can only get flakes atm? and also what portions like 4 small portions a day? but like how many flakes or like do i crumble them?

A good quality food is always a good idea for healthy fish. I always recommend New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula. This is the only food I feed my Mbuna, and they have colored up and grown tremendously since I started using it.

Well, my plecos used to eat the sinking algea wafers until they got spoiled rotten by me...LOL! Now I cut a slice a day, about the size u would see in a salad, and push a fork through the side of it and drop the fork in. They loooove it. I bought one of those suction cup fish food holders and I stick a half a sheet of dry seaweed in there for them and they graze on that too. It makes a mess, so I dont use a ton of that.
I crush the flakes to a size my fish can eat. My fish are all still small so they cant handle big flakes. (although they try LOL)
I feed them while I watch them, I use that time to check them all out, and make sure they are healthy. I cant tell you how much because I dont know how much you usually feed them. I only feed twice a day though...

Well, my plecos used to eat the sinking algea wafers until they got spoiled rotten by me...LOL! Now I cut a slice a day, about the size u would see in a salad, and push a fork through the side of it and drop the fork in. They loooove it. I bought one of those suction cup fish food holders and I stick a half a sheet of dry seaweed in there for them and they graze on that too. It makes a mess, so I dont use a ton of that.
I crush the flakes to a size my fish can eat. My fish are all still small so they cant handle big flakes. (although they try LOL)
I feed them while I watch them, I use that time to check them all out, and make sure they are healthy. I cant tell you how much because I dont know how much you usually feed them. I only feed twice a day though...

OK thanks anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom