Any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koti21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all
Have had this tank up and running for about 8 weeks it has all types of various crypts
I have hit a bit of a block as to what other plants to put in it and where to put the driftwood or add rocks?
The tank is a 6x2x2
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 1485051399583.jpg1485051419861.jpg1485051428990.jpg

A sword plant could be a good addition. There's a ton of different species, I've got an Ozelot Sword in my tank that I really like the look of (Oval shaped leaves with black spots). Depending on how strong your light is, they can grow short stems and look bushy under lower lighting, or grow long stems and long leaves and reach straight for the top of your tank!

Stem plants would be a good option to add in the corners/back of the tank, as well. They generally grow quickly and don't require any special treatment. In my tank I have water wisteria, red ludwigia, temple hygro and green loydiella. When they start getting tall, you can cut the tops or side branches and float/replant them for quick coverage and propagation.

Last edited:
A sword plant could be a good addition. There's a ton of different species, I've got an Ozelot Sword in my tank that I really like the look of (Oval shaped leaves with black spots). Depending on how strong your light is, they can grow short stems and look bushy under lower lighting, or grow long stems and long leaves and reach straight for the top of your tank!

Stem plants would be a good option to add in the corners/back of the tank, as well. They generally grow quickly and don't require any special treatment. In my tank I have water wisteria, red ludwigia, temple hygro and green loydiella. When they start getting tall, you can cut the tops or side branches and float/replant them for quick coverage and propagation.
Thanks mate any photos??

Going to edit this after posted to point out what is what
Edit: Picture on the left has my tiny Ozelot sword bush front and center, the wisteria is growing in the upper left portion of the shot with an anubias plant tucked into the driftwood pieces that makes it appear to be growing out of the top of my glass chunk. Photo on the right has the green loydiella front and center with the temple hygro growing in the background (actually bough this from petsmart in a tube!) and my huge mass of java moss creeping in from the right side.

Java moss is also another option I'd really recommend if you have anything small or timid in your tank, they will love to hide in it as it grows (the secret to successfully growing java moss is to not dump poisonous chemicals and nuclear waste into your tank). It also just looks nice in my opinion; the piece I have is probably about the size of a child's head when it's free floating in the tank. I'd have more/better pictures but I -just- dumped my 29g into a new 40g breeder tank last week! Anubias plants are also a good option but a bit more costly than the others I've pointed out. They grow slowly but don't require much attention, and like swords and stem plants, there's tons of different species out there.

Attachments

• IMG_20170119_173448.jpg
    IMG_20170119_173448.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20170113_201500.jpg
    IMG_20170113_201500.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Nice!!!
Some good options there thankyou for the help ??

Back
Top Bottom