Anybody using Current Satellite Fixture ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am researching if I can use the 40 watt Current Satellite Fixture on my 15 gallon HIGH. (first of all -- can I use this on a 15 gallon tall ? does it sti directly on the tank or does it need a seperate canopy?)

I was curious if anybody is using it and what kind of reviews you would give ?

I have literally just recieved mine! :lol:

I'm not sure if you can use it on the 15 gal tall but they say use a glass or acrylic cover over the tank and the fixture will sit on top of it.
I didn't think mine came with legs that sit on the glass ledge but it does!

The only problem which is quite major is the fact that i live in the UK so i can't plug the fixture in yet!
I don't suppose anyone know's what to do do they?

If a 15g H is 20" wide you should be able to use it. If you don't get the one with the legs included I would recommend a glass top.

I've got a Current Orbit fixture for my 10g tank, which has the same footprint as a 15g H tank. They are very nice, high quality fixtures. I'm actually having to use a different fixture right now to get my algae issues in check :(. I'm assuming you're planting this tank right? Be prepared for CO2 injection.

I'm pretty sure Purrbox uses a dual satellite fixture on one of her tanks.

Yes I have the planted tank -- need some prettier plants so upgrading the lightning.

Yep I beleive it has the same footprint as a 10 gallon as my current All glass hood fits 10 gallon as well as 15 gallon H.

Are you using the 40 W kit ?

Well I've got the Current Orbit (just happened to be cheaper on eBay), which is sort of a higher end version of the dual satellite. It has two 40W bulbs (one daylight and one actinic) which put me into a mess of algae hurt. You will have to have CO2, for sure.

Right now I'm using a 26W ahsupply retrofit kit until I can get all of the algae under control. Once I get rid of all of the algae I will be switching back to my Orbit.

Back
Top Bottom