Anyone know anything about this rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, the reviews are good. I have a feeling that going from Hawaii to the southern tip of florida and then to you has likely taken its toll on hitchers, however this can be as good a thing as bad. I would personally recommend walt smith or a reliable retailer that has Marshal Island rock. Its such a key piece of the SW tank as well as a heafty investment I would hate to see you get burned. I have purchased over 500 lbs of liverock since I have been in reef keeping and only been burned by live aquaria... twice actually. Hope this helps, good luck! If you need a comparison check out the new tank deals at Doc Mac (www.Drmaccorals.com) I think they are the best live stock vendor out there, and they have great customer service/build great relationships with their clients.

May I inquire as to how you were burned by liveaquaria?

Two orders and both were 100% bleached out and completely devoid of life. Well the second time it was full of life, about 10 million little fruit fly things that flew from the box and inhabited my office for about two weeks before I killed them all LoL. The rock smelled absolutely horrid the second time to. I know its live rock and all and its easy to get a stink piece, but this was all of it and it was bad.

Aside from that I dislike them because they ship poor livestock, don't tell you an item is backordered until it ships, and they sell cleaner wrasse which is in my opinion a detestible thing in and of itself... in short... I hate them LoL

I just recieved my shipment from the same dealer several weeks ago. Very large and nicely shaped pieces, but not as much life as I would have hoped ( hitchikers- that is) . Coralline is starting to make a comeback although much was bleached.

I've seen live rock at the LFS with less visible life.

JG

Back
Top Bottom