Anyone know what could’ve caused this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gianna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gal with 7, now 6 guppies and a female betta. I hadn’t noticed anything until around 4 PM today and a guppy was at the bottom of the tank, stressed out, breathing heavily but I didn’t see anything on him that would indicate a disease. All my others seem fine but like I said that one fish died very quickly and out of nowhere. Anyone had an experience like this?

Possibly some blow from the female betta or some internal problem of the fish. To be honest, I don't think the water chemistry is affecting just one fish or a change in temperature, it affects all the fish in the aquarium.

Yeah. Sadly this morning I saw another guppy with the same issue but the betta was also very close to it and seemed to be super interested in it. I just took a chance and I’m hoping the betta was being aggressive and it’s not an internal disease. I separated the female and have to go get her a new tank today. ��

Yeah the tank has been cycled for about 2 months at least and the guppies have been there for at least a month. I just tested the water and the water showed it was fine. The only thing I changed was adding the betta that seemed to be friendly when I was around but when I wasn’t watching might’ve been mean. I bought her from a breeder that claimed she was sorority friendly, but maybe not friendly enough despite having enough room, hiding places and so on.

Back
Top Bottom