Anyone out there breed discus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesselav1233

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I Have 7 discus in a 55 gallon tank (most are pretty small I will re home a few when they get larger) my question is how do I maximize the potential of getting two of them to pair off? What other tanks should I have on hand? Any info is appreciated?

Where did you buy your discus? I went to breeder to buy mine. He was amazing. He said you can't do much to make them breed. But the have to be happy, not false colored when it was a baby ext. you just have to wait until they are about 1 year old. They should pair off. Depends how many you have, I have 5... He said I may have 1 pair.. But telling a male and female discus is almost impossible from just looking at them.

http://archersdiscus.com/discus_for_sale_19.html
That's his website he explains everything on it. It's a really great site.. Don't be afraid to toss him an email, he'll help you out!

Some of them come from a breeder in Florida and some come from a breeder I think from around here in jersey called Hans discus I bought them from two local fish stores from around here. I jumped on that link quickly he has some amazing looking discus on there! Mind posting some pics of yours? Thanks for the reply.

Yeah no problem! And breeders are def away to go!

I can post some pictures later when I get home !

Back
Top Bottom