Anyone use purigen? Is it worth the expense?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coolchinchilla

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm getting some goldfish and they are very messy fish. I was thinking maybe I should get some purigen. Has anyone used purigen? Is it as fantastic as they say? Is it worth the expense?

Link for purigen

Thanks in advance! 8)

I have something similar in my filter. I use it for the very porous surface, so more bacteria can sit on it. It works great for me, my fishes are breeding and plants are multiplying. So I guess everyone loves the water quality.

Some say a sponge is just as good, but I am very sure that this stuff has a lot bigger surface than a sponge, because it is more porous. In fact, it should be great for your goldfish.

I've used it, it is worth it to remove dissolved organics. (plant matter) and yes, it polishes the water nicely. the fact that it's re-generatable is good too.

An excellent alternative to carbon.

I use it on my goldfish tank. It works great. You still have to keep up with water changes for good water quality. The combination of both things keep my water crystal clear.

Back
Top Bottom