aphids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianeww

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just did a search on this site for aphids, which I have on my pond lilies all of a sudden. Not much came up in the search except this thread from last year:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=56325&highlight=aphids

Is the best way to deal with them by spraying them into the water? They seem so tiny that the fish would hardly notice them as a snack! Would it be better to try to haul all the pots out of the pond and get the bugs with insecticide, then wash the pots/plants and put them back?

I think it would be better to just spray the bugs into the water, but if you have large fish that would not be interested in such a small snack you could look for some mosquito fish that would like the tiny bugs. I am not really to sure if this would work but i quess it would be worth a try. I don't like the idea of the pesticide (even though it could work) i hope that helps even though it prolly doesn't

I think it would be better to just spray the bugs into the water, but if you have large fish that would not be interested in such a small snack you could look for some mosquito fish that would like the tiny bugs. I am not really to sure if this would work but i quess it would be worth a try. I don't like the idea of the pesticide (even though it could work) i hope that helps even though it prolly doesn't

My largest koi are about 14-16 inches, and I don't think they'll notice the aphids. It's possible the smallest (about 3 inches) might. I've never had mosquito fish. Do they stay out over the winter with the koi and comets? I don't truly love the idea about the pesticides, either, I just figure it could be done.

Back
Top Bottom