Api general cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does this treatment work for internal parasites. I have a parasitic infestation and I've tried a couple of products by waterlife sterazin and parazin but to no avail.

What are some examples of internal parasites as opposed to external parasites?

There is no visible parasite but many of my fish are displaying signs of irritation. Nitrates are low and all other parameters are fine.

The fish are rubbing on gravel, plants and ornaments. Swimming erratically now and then, flashing, opening the mouths wide as I something is bothering them. I've also lost a ram a gourami and a Cory so far and it's going to get worse if I don't stop this parasite now.

Any help appreciated thanks

Does this treatment work for internal parasites. I have a parasitic infestation and I've tried a couple of products by waterlife sterazin and parazin but to no avail.

What are some examples of internal parasites as opposed to external parasites?

There is no visible parasite but many of my fish are displaying signs of irritation. Nitrates are low and all other parameters are fine.

The fish are rubbing on gravel, plants and ornaments. Swimming erratically now and then, flashing, opening the mouths wide as I something is bothering them. I've also lost a ram a gourami and a Cory so far and it's going to get worse if I don't stop this parasite now.

Any help appreciated thanks

If it is parasites, then the most common ones are microscopic - flukes, trichodina, chilodonella, white spot, costia etc. - which would explain why you can't see them..... should have gone to specsavers and all that!

If it is whitespot or costia, then Protozin is the waterlife product you want (I actually use cuprazin at work even in freshwater, in a carefully measured dose!). However, until you see white specs, you don't know if it is whitespot. Costia will first appear as pale, whitish patches/blotches on the skin. If none of these are present, then look towards flukes or chilodonella..... I believe you have salt dip instructions for that :D

The only internal parasite I can think of is worms.....unless you consider living on the gills to be "internal" in which case flukes and trichiondella that the other fella mentioned would be internal......most parasites are external protozonans like fleas on a dog, get it taken care of with a parasite clear type of medicine or malachite green dye type of medicine and salt and heat. But if they are "skinny" and such then it is worms, just think of a dog, fleas and worms, lol, fish are no different when it comes to parasites!
If they are bloated then it is either internal organ infection or tumor, both of which fish can get, like dropsy, caused by bacteria...not parasites. but I must warn you, if you see a brown streak near the back part of the body on small fish like guppies and tetras, then you must eradicate the fish and the entire tank and stearalize with bleach. Tetrahyemea is a wicked parasite and you must not contribute to its spread thru the fish industry. I just mentioned this because when you say "internal parasite" I think of the brown streaks I use to get on my guppies, which I always thought was internal parasite but was really organ failure from tetrahyemea parasite which is impossible to kill and numbers in the millions in the gravel.

Just read your original post (I know I jump right into answers) but its just ....well whatever fleas. But I hope my explanation helps you! There is no "internal" parasite other than worms. Parasites don't really live in peoples lungs or kidneys or bladder or anything other than the gut, same is true for fish.

Back
Top Bottom