Apisto Bloat ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brine shrimp ,daphnia ,cyclopeeze will help with the bloat also if it is constipation.
It is the shell or exoskeleton that provides the needed matter [fiber] from these.

Helps him with bowel movements

Brine shrimp ,daphnia ,cyclopeeze will help with the bloat also if it is constipation.
It is the shell or exoskeleton that provides the needed matter [fiber] from these.

Figured. I think I'll start watching for constipation, trouble is they are the only fish in a larger tank, it's tough to actually see them eat/poo/even see them at all some days.

Smaller of the two is still pretty fat. I'm still undecided on gender. I stopped in a the store I bought them from and even the "obvious" males had the round tail, no flame tail shape. Notice how the larger has a longer, more pronounced dorsal fin... They both fight off each other and have there own territories, but other times I see them together no issues. 50/50 really. They also both chase off any other fish.

Moved them to my 30 gallon long. Much easier to ensure they are eating, NLS flake, Omega One micro pellet and frozen bloodworms from time to time, likely a neocaridina shrimp or two when they can catch them, plus whatever freshwater copepodes they can find.

I'm hoping for some red to come through on the fins. They are a deep orange yellow, with a purple brownie back, but the fins are still fairly "clear". They were sold as "fire gold" not "fire red" so maybe they will stay the golden yellow/orange??

First 3 are the fat one, the last pic is the longer, slender one.

Attachments

• apisto 1.JPG
    apisto 1.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 42
  • apisto 2.JPG
    apisto 2.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 33
  • apisto 3.JPG
    apisto 3.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 40
  • apisto 4.JPG
    apisto 4.JPG