Apisto Questions, Cacatuoies with baenschi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gundy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I ordered some Apisto from ApistoDave, and to my surprise I got them really fast for ordering them monday morning.

Anyways I opened the package to find a bag with a trio in it with my triple red and then another bag labeled Baenschi as a trio as well!?

I'm not sure if I can place them in the same 20L? It's all I have cycled at the moment, I setup a 10G the past couple of days as a pruning/cutting tank to put my plants I trim up in but I don't think its cycled properly yet even though I've been using media from my other tanks.

Whats the call? Will they be alright together?

I assume they are young. You should be fine for quite a while. I have apistos sharing a twenty long and they are doing just fine. It is heavily planted with a lot of cover. I am planning to move them each into their own tanks, that is more for breeding reasons than for aggression among them.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Basically there will be 6 apisto in one 20. I estimate just 3-4 days though. And its a exteremly heavy planted tank, driftwood and caves and such.

I wouldn't keep them together long term but they should be fine for just a few days. I got some Apistogramma baenschi from Apistodave and have found them to get aggressive towards other fish when they are spawning.

I just received my apistos from Apisto Dave today and currently they are in a 10 gallon that was recently setup. I haven't had the time to setup the other tanks that they are all going in due to school and work, etc so right now I have 2 pairs of triple reds, one pair of viejita CF 2's, and 5 trifasciatas all in my ten gallon! It was the only 10 setup with a heater at the right temp. I didn't even have a power strip to plug in the air pump and lights until I went to the store today, and when I got home the package was waiting for me.

I think mine (and yours) will do just fine for a few days. There are 8 3" and 4 4" clay pots in my ten that they seem to be hanging out in until they get used to the water and me LOL. Good luck with your apistos!

Back
Top Bottom