Apistogramma!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sucks, trade her in? Start with a new pair?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I might do but I have been looking at some gbr but not sure as I really like apistos

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Gbr are great fish, you just have to pick.the stock carefully or else they'll be plant food in a month. I have wc rams and they are healthy as can be, a little more aggressive than gbr..
On a sidenote, lost my main male last weekend. Meet Mr. Pisto Jr.

Attachments

• 1409222984596.jpg
    1409222984596.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 1409222993614.jpg
    1409222993614.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 60
I like him hahaha cacs have to be my favourite fish but I just don't seem to have any luck with them I think the black widdow will have to do because she is so dominant , I still have the female fire red aggie which I really weird

I like him hahaha cacs have to be my favourite fish but I just don't seem to have any luck with them I think the black widdow will have to do because she is so dominant , I still have the female fire red aggie which I really weird

They had a tank full of.males at my lfs for $10, i requested they let me net him myself, I spent 20 min observing the brood, he was my champion! I choose youuuuuu!
One thing I'm not sure we've discussed dave, when introducing new fish, mainly cichlids, have you shuffled the tank around? Moved caves and such?

No ain't moved any but I put some more coconut caves in because the male aggie was relentless with the female I also added plants

Yah, they claim territory, if the newbie comes in on a female guarding eggs than forget it.. I

No ain't moved any but I put some more coconut caves in because the male aggie was relentless with the female I also added plants

You should always have more than 1 female when it comes to aggies, they are rather rough on females. I always recommend at least a trio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You should always have more than 1 female when it comes to aggies, they are rather rough on females. I always recommend at least a trio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've heard the same thing.. maybe it was you who told me?? Probably;)

My female is showing the new male her goods, he's no idea what he's in for. She used to chase the old guy around tail fanning him to the live den..

Females can be pretty picky on a male, especially if one dies. When looking for a replacement try to get the biggest, most colored male you can find.

Females can be pretty picky on a male, especially if one dies. When looking for a replacement try to get the biggest, most colored male you can find.

Yeah, especially the female that murdered out the other much larger female.. come on tcc.. you know I sat in front of the display for 20 min than netted him myself;)

Back
Top Bottom