Aqua One's original lighting vs. my plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all!

I have my new tank for a week now and everything's going great so far so I thought I'll ask about some plants and lights.
With the tank I bought something called "Pogostemon helferi" (two of them for now), an "Echinodorus Mix" and a "Echinodorus Tricolor" plants (one of each). Plus I have a bit of java moss and a few visterias from an old tank.
With the tank I have the original lighting which is 2x 25W, 8000k bulbs and 20W, 15000k Trilite bulb (three bulbs altogether with separate switch for each). Turned on around 2-3pm and running till about 10pm.
I'm adding an Seachem Excell everyday (I intend to cut it to once every other day from tomorrow) and a 'Tropica Aquacare liquid Plant Nutrition' once a week.
My question is about the light mainly - is it enough, or too little or too much - but every other comments are more than welcome :)
So... Am I doing this right or not? :D

How big of a tank is this? Depth is what I'm concerned about more than anything. Also, are those T8 bulbs or CFLs?

Downoi (P. helferi) is NOT a 'user friendly' plant. It's sensitive to a few different things, can be touchy, and is apparently delicious to some fish.

The depth is 58cm, and they are a T8 bulbs.

As for plants-- I don't know much about plants yet, so we picked them up because they are pretty :)

So... Any thoughts about the light? Is that enough for my plants or I need to upgrade?
I was also thinking about changing one bulb into a Moonlight bulb, but don't know whether that won't cut the light needed for plants?

Back
Top Bottom