Aquaclear 50 filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superdave07

Aquarium Advice Freak
I get big and micro bubbles from my new Aquaclear 50 filter, when it returns the water it makes the bubbles. I lower the flow down but still, my power head picks the bubbles up and send them in a big circle. What can I do?

superdave07 said:
I get big and micro bubbles from my new Aquaclear 50 filter, when it returns the water it makes the bubbles. I lower the flow down but still, my power head picks the bubbles up and send them in a big circle. What can I do?

Did you clean it good in hot tap water (no soap) and rinse the media out in cold tap water before putting it in service? My AC50 might put a few out, but nothing noticeable. Also, I'd suggest saving the carbon pack and put some poly-fil in where the carbon would go.

It seems that the flow drops the water about half ways in the tank then the power heads picks up the bubbles

superdave07 said:
It seems that the flow drops the water about half ways in the tank then the power heads picks up the bubbles

Try reloacting you PH for a bit and see if it clears up the issue is my best suggestion without knowing more about the setup.

Pic

Attachments

• image-1316335544.jpg
    image-1316335544.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 124
  • image-742305581.jpg
    image-742305581.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 113
superdave07 said:
You help me before I have the wall mounted 20g the to 750 ph

Oh the SW in the picture frame tank? That could be a tricky fix since your tank is only 4" wide. I'm not salty, so my assistance will be limited, sorry.

Is the filter and PH at oppisite ends of the tank? Can't you direct the PH output so its not going straight at the AC50?

superdave07 said:
I can't really move the filter or ph, I'm limited

May be just because its newish and it may settle down after a time.

I'd suggest a thread in the SW section and reference the micro bubble issue and see what some of the SW guru's come up with.

Back
Top Bottom