Aquaclear 50

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rosenweiss said:
Thanks! What is filter floss though?

Kinda like the polyfill in a pillow, is the best way I can discribe it. Anything that's porous like a sponge or filter cartridge and is aquarium safe (not a sponge for dishes) will work.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

So, would I set this up with the filter sponge on bottom, then the floss, then the biomax?

I am going to psuedo hijack this thread.

It pertains to rinsing out your media.

I have a python... so my old water in a water change just goes down the drain....

So when it comes to the times when I want to rinse my media.. what I do is fill up a large bucket (these are AquaClear 110's) with tap water, and then treat it with Prime. That should be fine right? I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be but just thought I would check.

Rosenweiss said:
So, would I set this up with the filter sponge on bottom, then the floss, then the biomax?

That's one way to do it. If you get the sponge and biomax media, that should be fine though.

I'm going to experiment with ditching the sponge and trying layers of HBH filter pad (cut to fit stuff) I use to replace the carbon filled cartridges on my Aqueon filter.

My only point is, is that you don't have to use their biomedia/sponge exclusively.

MartinBlank said:
I am going to psuedo hijack this thread.

It pertains to rinsing out your media.

I have a python... so my old water in a water change just goes down the drain....

So when it comes to the times when I want to rinse my media.. what I do is fill up a large bucket (these are AquaClear 110's) with tap water, and then treat it with Prime. That should be fine right? I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be but just thought I would check.

Why not grab a bucket of water from your tank, rinse in that and then just dump the water? That's how I do it and I know that what I'm rinsing in is biologically equal to what my filter media has been in. Just make sure the bucket (whatever) is only used on your aquarium (I have about 10 different ones lol).

Back
Top Bottom