Aquaclear/fluval 110 hob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incisions072185

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought another 110 for my tank but it's making a weird grinding/buzzing noise. My other one is just fine and as quiet as can be, anyone have any simple fixes to stop the annoying noise it's making?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine does the same thing. I noticed it does it less when it's at max flow output..

The problem is when water comes in from the tube, and hits the impeller, the impeller moves down and bounces back up, hitting the impeller cover.

Take it out, ou would notice where the impeller have touched.

Mine did this after I added sand to my tank and it would get stuck in the impeller.

It was sometimes horribly loud and annoying. I'm wondering if you just got it maybe just clean out the impeller/housing a little then try and run it? Maybe check to see if the impeller was damaged at all? Even small bits of debris could scratch up the body of the impeller.

I also noticed that sometimes when plugging in the unit that if I gently nudged the impeller with something while it made noise that it would sometimes correct its spin and reduce the horrible sounds. When this worked I wouldn't have to do it again unless the AC had been turned off. I've even knocked on the outside of the motor with my hand and fixed the sound before.

Back
Top Bottom