Aquarium Adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Burns

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hey, this is for those of you who live in cleveland, columbus, and long island...

a new aquarium adventure store just opened up in the north eastern part of cincininati. i haven't been there yet, but my cousin (who owns the lfs i alwasy go to) snuck in before they opened (he acted like a marketing/distributor person, long story) and he said some of the plants they were bringing in were excellent show quality. she didn't say anything about the variety though, which is my main concern...

has anybody been to an aquarium adventure store and checked out the plants? how were they and what were the choices like? i'm really sick of going into a new pet store only to find they have a couple plant tanks with java fern, a couple swords, a val, and a crypt or two....very dissappointing.

We have an Aquarium Adventure in Columbus. Was in there a few weeks ago and they were talking some about the Cinci store. Thought it was already open. That store was supposed to take a Tiger Shark from the Columbus store but I guess thats not happening. That's the extent that I know of the Cinci store.

The Columbus store is nice if not a bit pricey. I was a little dismayed to see that I spent $40 TOO much on an Ecco canister. Sort of erked me off. The upkeep of the store/tanks is unbelievable. The knowledge of the staff is incredible and if they don't know something they won't tell you what you want to hear. Variety of fish is excellent, though pricey. The plants are better than Petsmart or whatever your large Pet warehouse store might be. Though I was at both yesterday and the Petsmart plants looked a little better, but it's not fair to compare them. AA has several a much larger inventory, more varieties. I have gotten some plants there. Only two of five remain. One I bought just recently and the bunching came apart due to water flow from the canister.

With that being said, I'm looking for online retailers due to price and being able to get the variety that I'd like.

I still like AA, just think they are pricey.

I'm pretty much a newb, but I think they are the best B&M in C-Bus. But very pricey. Catch 'em on their sales twice a year (Going on this week!), 40% off a lot of stuff.

Yes I went and got a lot of fish this week, browsed at the wrong time... :) I did notice that they had the fish marked up before the 40% off. They had the blue rams $1 higher then two weeks prior when I bought it. Likewise with the angels. Such is...

Back
Top Bottom