Aquarium Brand Help....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking to buy a new aquarium and petsmart has a good deal on a 50 gallon aquarium. Its glass and made by topfin. Has anyone purchased one of these before? I really don't want to go the acrylic route but I also don't want the tank to shatter as i'm on the 3rd floor. Any ideas about this brand guys?:thanks:

I don't have a 50g but I have 2 10g Top Fin tanks. When I was looking to go bigger that's the one I wanted but I would've had to buy the stand as well & so saving money changed my mind. I like the Top Fins because they tend to be longer rather than taller & if the time comes that I get another tank thats what I'd like. however, I think it's more a matter of doing a REALLY GOOD inspection of any tank you buy before you completely set it up. Have you checked out Craigslist for a tank. Many people on here have had GREAT success finding good deals on there. Just a thought.

Personally I currently don't use anything other than Aqueon. I have compared them to the Top Fin and Marineland tanks, I feel that the construction and silicone work is far better on Aqueon. The last Marineland tanks I saw on sale at Petsmart had abismal silicone jobs, could not even believe they left the factory. I am not talking one or two tanks but 20. Alot of people on here and other forums are using Deep Blue. They seem to have a good rep as well. I have already decided my next tank is going to be a Deep Blue rimless 80 gallon frag tank.

I have had that 55 gallon tank up and running for 2 years with cichlids. The only problem I have had was the heater quit a year in and wouldn't turn off while I was on vacation frying half of my fish. But overall it is a great tank at a decent price

Back
Top Bottom