Aquarium light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edwardclaxton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright my friend is wanting to get a light for aquarium and we looked on ebay. And seen some for pretty good prices. So my question is has anyone bought a light from best choice products? and if so how was it? its not a big name brand but will it still work? it pretty much says everything that all the other aquariums lights say.

All of the Cheap Chinese fixtures seem about the same, and I am really impressed with mine, I looked at ebay, I use ebay frequently but ended up going with aquatraders.com just because the ebay sellers didnt have the item I wanted in stock.
I would say get the fixture. The worst that can happen with these is the ballast goes bad, and for $30 you can replace the ballast with a high end one and have a light just as good as a $500 fixture.
I would look at the seller with the best return policy and highest feedback just incase, even if that means spending a little more.

Sorry been at work t5 ho 2 day bulbs and 2 blue and leds. He likes the odysea or something on the lines. He has a 75 gal.and thanks for the comments Idk much about lighting trying to figure what everything means.

I believe the 4 bulb t5ho fixture I have is a "best choice" brand product and it has served me well for a year. No issues.

I'll double check though..

EDIT| Yes, it was a best choice product. The description is this: 'NEW 48” 216W T5 AQUARIUM LIGHT FIXTURE REEF FISH TANK'. The legs went on the tank a bit screwy (screwed onto the inside of the tank with a nylon screw) but I didn't care because I housed it in a canopy. Also this one can get warm but I just cooled it off with a fan.

Anyways.. I took a chance on it and it turned out to be good. I don't know about others' experience with best choice products.

I have never really heard anything that great from those fixtures... many posts about they are better for freshwater than salt...couldn't speak on that part. What I can speak on is that in the long run, the chinese LED fixtures are the better route imo.

Back
Top Bottom